is normally taken before food in the morning
for the cases below in the following doses :
- Gastric ulcer : 30 mg once daily for 8
- Duodenal ulcer : 30 mg once daily for 4
weeks, 15 mg is recommended as a maintenance
therapy to prevent the relapse.
- Acid-related dyspepsia : 15 or 30 mg daily
for 2 – 4 weeks.
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux therapy : 30 mg
daily for 4 – 8 weeks, maintenance therapy
can be continued with 15 or 30 mg daily
according to response.
- NSAID-associated ulceration : 15 – 30 mg
daily for 4 – 8 weeks.
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome : the initial
dose is 60 mg daily, adjusted as required.
Doses of up to 90 mg twice daily have been
* Lansotac may be combined with
antibacterials in triple therapy regimens
for the elimination of Helicobacter pylori
in peptic ulcer disease