- Convulsions as in status epilepticus,
tetanus, eclampsia, and convulsions due to
other causes, e.g. poisoning.
- Skeletal muscle spasms, e.g. joint and
muscle severe spasm due to inflammation or
- Sedation in intensive care units, e.g.
myocardial infarction (as an emergency
- Anesthesia for minor surgical procedures
and gynecologic operations (as an adjunct
- Psychoneurotic disorders characterized by
tension, excitement, unrest, sleep
disturbances, irritability, aggressiveness,
reactive mood disturbances and somatic
manifestations such as tense muscles,
tremors and tachycardia.
- Stressful therapeutic or diagnostic
interventions, e.g. endoscopy, some
radiological procedures, biopsies, cardiac
catheterization and cardioversion.
- Acute alcohol and drug withdrawal, e.g.